Happy Week 4 of Quarter 8!
*Week of May 7, 2018
Details of our in class learning;
- Reading- UNIT 4! Our texts this is “The Chocolate Touch” novel study! An introductory lesson to chapter texts where themes and central messages can be different or similar in each chapter. We will review the plot of each chapter and retelling!
- Writing- Develop a informative/explanatory writing sample by introducing a topic, using facts, staying on one topic, and creating a concluding sentence.
- Grammar- Compound Words
- Phonics (CKLA)- Spelling list, Review words with /ie/, /ә / + /l/, & /y/ + /i-es/ words, UNRAVEL, alphabetizing, adjectives, sentence and phrase with subject and predicate, and asking who, what, when , where, why questions.
- Math- Measurement; time
- Science; Habitats- land and sea
*Remember to read nightly for 20 minutes.
(also in green folder)
- Report Card $1 are due
- Collage Permission Slips should be turned in by Friday
- Field Trip Order Forms due May 11th
- Field Trip is May 18th; do not forget to pack your child a lunch if you requested to do so.
Mrs. Boudreaux :)